IMPACT is an organisation that delivers world-changing social enterprise education.
We create experiences that set up young change-makers with the know-how and network required to translate their ambitions into social impact. In collaboration with 50+ social entrepreneurs and many community organisations and businesses, IMPACT has directly introduced over 250+ young people to the principles of social entrepreneurship.
Our Operations are part of a broader mission to bust the myth that creating social impact comes at the expense of a career. Come join us, help us launch an IMPACT generation!
About the role:IMPACT exists to provide young people with the skills, knowledge and network they need to create real change in their communities. We do this through hands-on social enterprise education, where we work with young people to build social enterprise solutions to pressing local problems. In this role, you will be the visionary directing IMPACT’s Victoria expansion with a focus on Melbourne - recruiting and managing a team to implement IMPACT’s School Program and Incubator Program, while engaging with the Melbourne community by establishing new networks. This role is a unique opportunity to develop leadership skills, take ownership of growing IMPACT’s Victoria operations, and benefit the Melbourne community by increasing social enterprise awareness.
Who we are looking for*:
- You have a passion for young people, and a belief in every young person’s potential
- You are an excellent team builder, facilitator and manager
- You’re known for being a charismatic person – networking is your middle name and you love the opportunity to connect with other people
- You’re a strategic, critical thinker who is driven to turn words into actions
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking, are excited by new products and services, and recognise that positive outcomes require effort
- You believe being organised is the way to get results. You create deadlines for yourself (and know how to stick to them!)
- You understand the importance of brand image and know how to be professional
- You’re ready for a challenge – you’ve got energy to boot and are a fast learner
- You have an interest in social enterprise and education
You will get bonus points for prior:
- Management experience
- Networking experience
- Public speaking experience
- Knowledge, understanding, or experience in the Social Enterprise Sector
What you get out of it:
- An industry mentor from Teach For Australia (TFA)
- An office co-working space at the Foundation for Young Australians (FYA) Headquarters
- The opportunity to complete a consulting project with leading social enterprise Project Rockit: Australia’s youth-led movement against bullying, hate and prejudice
- A fully funded place at the IMPACT Social Enterprise Conference (held in Brisbane)
- Boost your professional profile with access to some incredible industry networks
- Training and professional development in team management
- Fun working with a team of young people passionate about creating change
- Support and mentorship to develop your skills
What you’ll doThe primary responsibility of the Victoria Director is to manage and lead the Victoria Team, including the Schools Program Manager, Community Manager and two Schools Program Fellows. This role requires a visionary interested in growing a high-performing team. To do this, the role involves…
- Assisting training a Leadership and Fellowship team for Melbourne 2017/18
- Managing the Victoria Team once fully operational
- Refining and implementing a vision for IMPACT’s Victoria programs
- Engaging with the Melbourne Community
- Occasionally organising social events and outings to encourage team culture.
- Occasionally acquiring sponsorship and investigating growth opportunities
The nitty gritty details of the role:
|Title: Victoria Director||Status: Volunteer|
|Position: Executive Team||Location: Melbourne, Victoria|
|Reporting to: IMPACT President & Vice President||Requirements: Apply for a Working with Children Check|
|Time commitment: 10-15 hours per week (with potential for time commitment to increase to 15 leading up to events; plan for one 15 hour week per month)*||Duration: Minimum 18 months|
Our Promise to You:The IMPACT Promise to you is that we will…
- Provide opportunities for you to develop project management, teamwork, communication, and leadership skills.
- Support you in accessing networks in the social enterprise and education sector.
- Work with you to shape a position that suits your interests, capabilities or areas where you want to grow.
- Respect you as an individual.